2NLs are starting to be sent for January interviews (DV2019).
They have implemented the new document procedure recently, so I would be interested to hear from those that got the 2NL if they did or did NOT send documents to KCC by email. The suggestion was that not sending documents would mean KCC would not schedule the appointment, but I would like to confirm whether that is true or not.
Some people previously got 2NL emails but then had to wait days or even a couple of weeks before the interview letter showed on the ESC page. Other people waited until the beginning of the following month to get their 2NLs and ESC page update. So – be patient, stay calm. Some physicians won’t schedule the medicals unless you have the 2NL in hand, BUT there is plenty of time before these interviews, no need to stress out!
The email itself has no useful information. It simply tells you to check the ESC site for the interview details. Some people that receive the email will find the ESC site is not ready, those people should try again after a few hours. Also, some people find the email itself goes to a trash or spam folder or somehow miss it. So – if you think you may have been scheduled but missed your email, you can check the ESC site, just in case. The 1NL (you have been selected letter) is replaced by a new letter which gives the appointment details.
December 7, 2018 at 15:06
Can i took when family sponsorship processing around 2years
December 10, 2018 at 22:27
Hi Brit… My CN is 2019AF104xx.I av submitted all required documents to KCC and a Document received indication also came. However, no 2NL was updated afterwards. 1. My question is if not scheduled for January will it be February?
2. When should I be expecting the 2NL your best guess please even if not precise?3. Do you think the upcoming holidays will affect the visa bulletin and interview scheduled one way or the other?
December 10, 2018 at 22:34
December 13, 2018 at 23:55
Dear prof.Brit & Co, permit me to share my interview experience here, even though this might not be the right block.
Case No.: 2019af7###
Visa bullotin:11.Oct .2018
Intervier date:9.Dec. 2018, @ U.S embassy Cameroon
– We arrived embassy about 8am, lined up, positioned according to time of arrival
– outside the gate, those with bags were told to open them For checking
– inside the first gate, we were stringently scanned and all electronic devices left
– we were told to wait outside, and lapse of applicants of 3,4 at times five were called to come in.
– each applicant was given an identification number, then asked to pay $330(fcfa195,000) to the cashier and a receipt issued , while he also collected the documents
– documents submitted (academic certs., birth cert., passport, ds260 confirmation, medical results, 2nl, 2 5x5photos). You have to photocopy two copies of doc. 1,2 &3 above.
– we were then asked to sit to wait for our numbers be called. I was then called on counter 3 for finger prints and some basic questions asks.
– then after some 45-50minutes, I was called on counter 5 for the main interview with CO.
Me: good morning sir
Co:do you swear ?
Co: waoo… you have very good grades on your cert.
Co: have you ever travelled out of your country?
Me: no, I haven’t.
Co: do you have kids? Or married?
Co: are you in relationship?
Me: yes, I do but not married
Co: yes, I know you are not married. (Co:asked me spell the name of the person with whom I’m in a relationship and he was typing it on the computer )
Co: congratulations, you visa is approved. (he asked me to come two days after to come Collect visa package )
* A CERTAIN GIRL WAS DENIED BECAUSE SHE DID NOT INCLUDE HER CHILD IN eDV, BUT DID ON DS 260
* ONE GUY TOLD ME HE MADE A MISTAKE ON HIS DOB IN eDV. INSTEAD OF 24/XX/19XX, HE PUT 28/XX/19XX. HE WAS APPROVED (HE SAID HE COMMITTED HIS CASE SERIOUSLY TO GOD IN PRAYERS. ) . SO, YOU HAVE TO CONSTANTLY PRAY DEAR APPLICANT AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
* ANOTHER GUY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE INTERVIEW, BUT HE WAS ASKED TO GO LOOK FOR MONEY AND COME BACK IN THREE DAYS
* A COUPLE WAS ALSO PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDINGS BC OF INCOMPLETE MEDICAL RESULTS.
– ALWAYS HAVE AN ATTITUDE OF PRAYERS. GOD EXISTS!!!!
– DON’T BRING BAGS DURING INTERVIEW
– ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH TO C.O. I MEAN, THE TRUTH!!!!
– ALWAYS MAKE USE OF PROF.BRITSIMON’S ADVICE!!!
A BIG THANKS TO GOD MY USING BRITSIMON TO MAKE THINGS SIMPLY. BRITSIMON, MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN ABUNDANCE.
December 15, 2018 at 03:49
So God is using an atheist to make things simply???? That makes no sense.
December 20, 2018 at 17:19
God can use anybody.you might not believe it but let us believe it.u are changing lives.
December 20, 2018 at 23:56
You are free to believe anything you want. 🙂
December 18, 2018 at 23:06
So aos wasn’t among the documents asked at the interview
December 20, 2018 at 19:37
What do you mean by AOS? AFFIDAVIT of support? No No.
December 21, 2018 at 00:40
AOS means adjustment of status or affidavit of support.
December 21, 2018 at 10:27
For some countries, they do not ask for affidavit of support
December 21, 2018 at 23:29
That is to some extent true. In reality ANY case at ANY country can be asked for the affidavit of support. That is less likely in some countries.
December 29, 2018 at 02:46
My interview schedule is January.
But I am not get my 2nd letter.
So please help me what can I do ..
December 29, 2018 at 04:07
Wait. You will probably have a February or March interview.
December 29, 2018 at 07:02
Dear Simon, hope all well with you.
I am a principal applicant and our interview scheduled for first week of Feb-19 in United Arab Emirates. While completing DS-260 we have selected Ethiopia for interview location and my derivatives are no longer in UAE. Can i request KCC to reschedule our interview in Ethiopia? Will that create any delay or issue? Please give me some information.
December 29, 2018 at 13:54
Rescheduling now would cause delay. You have to ask both embassies to handle the transfer of your case and there is no guarantee they will handle it smoothly. Read the FAQ to learn how to do it if you decide you are happy to take the risk. If it were me – I would take the interview date already scheduled.
December 29, 2018 at 15:02
I had the same problem with Kena. My hometown is Turkey, ı was at France while applying documents as a student. However ı fullfill them in turkey and ı want my schedule in turkey. My appointment is now at france:/
In case, ı go france for appointment. I am wondering two things;
– ı will give my passport, then they send it to turkey? Then how we get out the country?:) because my adress is shown turkey on the letter.
– ıs it ok to get doctor document at turkey?
Thank you so much,
December 29, 2018 at 15:23
1. I don’t know. But if they scheduled you in France it is because your address is in France, so why would you want it sent to Turkey??
December 29, 2018 at 15:38
Actually that is my question,to. I was and ı am living turkey. Why they gave it france?wrote every where my adress in turkey, but they scheduled it in france. I ve just send an email kcc, give my all information including my form. They may made a mistake. What do you think, about new schedule,? Do they give it same day at turkey?
December 29, 2018 at 15:52
Contact KCC and ask them.
December 29, 2018 at 16:23
please update me on the response you are getting from KCC. I am in UAE and no issue for me but my family need to arrange a visa and travel to UAE, not convenient at all.
January 9, 2019 at 15:29
hope all ok with you. Have you received any feed on your query regarding your interview location? I have not received any, please update me if you get any response.
December 29, 2018 at 14:21
What is the time interval between the day an applicant is scheduled and the day of the interview
December 29, 2018 at 14:46
This is a standard timeline. People have been receiving 2NLs for February interviews for the last 2 weeks, those interviews could be at any time in February.
December 30, 2018 at 04:51
Is it normal that KCC don’t replay emails. I sent them an email to inquire about something relating the documents they asked me to send but I did not receive any reply. Then, I submitted the documents but again I did not receive an email to confirm if the documents I submitted are correct or not – only the auto email that they received my docs. That was more than a month ago. Is that normal?
December 30, 2018 at 05:24
No. It probably means you didn’t correctly identify your case.
January 1, 2019 at 02:29
My case no. is shown 2nd letter being send for January interview.But I can’t get my 2nd letter yet. I have already send my passport,Birth certificate, & Police report 18 November 2018 & 30 December 2018 (2 times).
What’s your predict.my 2nd letter come in next month or not.
January 1, 2019 at 05:20
Happy new year Brit.
I’m a dv winner AF45xxx. I plan on going for studies in the US sometimes this year on a study visa.
I was thinking maybe I should go the status adjustment way considering my case number is somehow high with less chances of getting an consular interview.
1.What would you advice me to do if you were in my shoes?
2.I had already filled and submitted my form D260 before I thought of status adjustment. What happens in such case?
January 1, 2019 at 07:57
You cannot enter the USA with a plan to adjust status. Don’t try.