OK – a few people have been asking the normal question of when the 2NLs are sent. So – a few points about the 2NLs which you may find useful.
- Generally the 2NLs are sent out about 1 to 2 weeks after the VB is published. KCC will generally say by the end of the month.
- The 2NL is an email. The email itself has no information about your case or interview. It simply says that you have been scheduled for an interview and you should check the ESC website. This is the website where you saw the 1NL – which is the “you have been selected” letter. It does not matter therefore if you do not have access to your email account.
- Some people that go current will NOT get their 2NL in the month they get current. This is because cases can only be scheduled for interview once the DS260 is processed. The processing is done after you submit the DS260 and is some background checks they perform. That means some DS260s will not be processed in time for the scheduling of interviews.
- The amount of time that it takes to process the DS260 varies from case to case and over the course of the year. Last year, early cases were taking 4 to 5 months to process, meaning that many people that had submitted even as early as June were not scheduled for October interviews.
- If your case is delayed because your DS260 was submitted late, you won’t lose your chance – you simply get scheduled in the next monthly batch once your DS260 background checks are completed.
- I don’t know how far KCC have got with processing DS260s. So I cannot say whether your case can be scheduled or not. It is best to wait and see. Whilst you can call KCC to check if your form is processed. Time they spend answering those calls is time they are not spending processing forms and scheduling interviews – so unless you have specific reason – please don’t call them.
- The relatively high numbers for this first VB of the year tell me that there are many cases not yet processed – either because there are processing delays OR because people have not submitted. This means that interview places in later months will be taken up by these “backlog” cases – repeating the pattern we saw in DV2015. That will mean lower VB increases in future months.
I hope that helps!!
September 6, 2015 at 04:40
On my marriage certificate my age is 24yrs,the marriage was on 12th,may,2012 and i wz born on 16th,nov,1988 so by calculation i had to make 24yrs still in november.so am kind of worried.
September 6, 2015 at 05:05
Relax – you are overthinking this.
September 18, 2015 at 16:04
Have started the KCC to send the interview date for november interview?
September 18, 2015 at 16:25
No – within the next week….
September 21, 2015 at 14:22
I am winner of the DV 2016 with case number 2016AF9648 have submitted my DS260 since May and current, expecting interview in November.I want to know if i check the ESC website were i saw the 1NL which is the ”you have been selected” letter.And later see the 2NL that says you have been scheduled for an interview only,so how do i know the date and time for my interview at the American embassy in the country i reside when KCC have never said anything about time and date.
September 21, 2015 at 16:21
2NLs for November interviews have not yet been sent. Once they have been the appointment details will be available on the ESC site.
September 21, 2015 at 14:28
Hello simon. Hope you’re doing well.
for the visa lottery I know that we need to have a sponsor living in the stats and if not must have at least 10000$ in your account so will it work if I just put 10000 $ in my account and show the bank statement or how long this amount has to be held in my account ?? And knowing that I’m algerian is the 10000$ are enough or the sponsor compulsory ??
Thanks a lot for your help
September 21, 2015 at 16:20
I think putting the money in to the account just to pass the interview has some risk. Further, in Algeria, they are typically asking for the I-134.
September 21, 2015 at 21:09
Okay thank you
September 22, 2015 at 02:57
hello brit..lots of luv to ur daughter.does the decision of usa to provide shelter to 85000 refugees affect the edv selectees this year.?does this cutdown the number of immigrants of edv//
September 22, 2015 at 13:10
It has no impact on DV