As I write this, it is around 2 hours before the DV2018 draw results are available on the website. So – I just want to make some points to those people are to check.
- The website to check the results is https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/.
- The checking starts at noon in the time zone for the Eastern United States. That will be evening time in EU and Africa for example.
- The servers are always overwhelmed for the first few hours – to avoid frustration – check tomorrow.
- If you have not been selected, you will see a simple message that says “not selected”.
- If you are “selected” you will see a letter explaining the selection. If you see that – you are lucky enough to have been selected – but that does not guarantee you a Green Card at this point. You have to go through some steps and the process will take between 6 to 18 months. So get ready to exercise some patience!
- If you are selected, don’t fill your DS260 in for the first few days. Take your time and learn about how to do this. I have a guide on completing the DS260 and also a guide of how the DV cases are processed.
Good luck to all!
September 4, 2017 at 09:44
Ok brit.i can classific my job.but how can i show proof for embassy??they ill ask proof for me??
September 4, 2017 at 14:09
READ THE FAQ!
September 14, 2017 at 03:50
Hi Brit, I got here on August 18th and didn’t receive receive my green card….who do I call to make sure it’s processing?
September 14, 2017 at 04:26
It’s not late – chill out.
October 18, 2017 at 17:52
Hi Brit, is the website to fill a DV fixed now?
October 18, 2017 at 18:23
September 14, 2017 at 23:16
Please has interview start for September am in AF201800048566
September 15, 2017 at 04:51
You will wait until late summer 2018.
September 20, 2017 at 05:59
Hii briti could you tell me when my interview is scheduled my case number is 9565
September 20, 2017 at 13:29
I don’t know.
October 7, 2017 at 15:39
i am a winner of dv 2018. I don’t know the last cut off numbers for African region. 1) Is possible to fill the form of dv 2019? 2) Is there any effect on the previous chance?
October 7, 2017 at 17:16
December 17, 2017 at 14:09
Hello my case number 34390 . Will you tell me when will my interview be?
December 17, 2017 at 15:59
Wait and see.