Awesome news, it’s taken a few days, as was predicted, but now we are sure, there will be a return to decency in the Whitehouse.
November 7, 2020
November 12, 2020 at 02:19
Dear Mr Brit is there any chance that newly elected president could increase the number of reserved visa from 9K? is there any possibility that 9k will increase for DV 2020.
November 12, 2020 at 16:04
You have to understand that DV2020 is not going to be on the Presidents list of important matters! I realize its important to you, but it is not at all important compared to everything else President Biden will be handling.
Increasing the 9095 would take political will, or perhaps further legal action (appealing the existing decision or a new lawsuit).
November 13, 2020 at 06:08
Good day sir, I wish to ask if there is a problem if i receive affidavit of support from someone elses than my host.
November 13, 2020 at 18:30
November 13, 2020 at 12:53
Hi mr Brit,
I have been following your live video and order comments, it had been amazing for me really, but have something to say which I have heard from realizable friend
I was told by one of them that the proclamation is not really active as before since the election and because of that some of them has managed to enter the USA, but condition:
1. You must be able to get a direct flight that’ll not stop at any of the Schengen area, also one of them was saying to me that I am delaying myself infact they wants us to spend the December 25th there while I’m telling them to wait after December 31, this is what I am facing now and want your advice!
Thank you so much.
November 13, 2020 at 18:44
Some people have managed to enter, that is true, but the ban is still in place, so you are risking a wasted journey (at your cost). Is that really worth it to be there a few days earlier?
November 13, 2020 at 19:34
Thanks so much for your response, I will take your advice and wait for January because it’s already here!
November 13, 2020 at 20:21
we know that the proclamations (ban) still on force until 31 December, let’s assume that Trump will extend it in order to case more damages as possible during the handover… Do you think that Biden will remove it after 20 January?
I have my visa in my Passport and I’m starting to believe that I will finally reach USA, but it will expire on the end of March, so I want to forecast everything.
Thanks a lot.
November 13, 2020 at 22:05
Actually you should stop forecasting. Just be patient. In time we will know what Trump does, and what Biden will do.
November 13, 2020 at 21:55
Hi Brit, I just watched Trump’s speech this evening and one point he called out is there wouldn’t be any lowdown so far as his administration is in power but he isn’t sure of the incoming or who knows what will happen in the future..(Lol he seem not to be admitting he lost to Biden..lol).
My question by the way is, is it likely he will lift the ban anytime soon or that will be after 31st of December. Just curious to know. Thanks.
November 13, 2020 at 22:02
Lockdowns refer to closures of public activities in this country, not immigration/non immigration control. So, there was nothing he said that gives any clue about what he might, or might not do.
November 14, 2020 at 01:55
I wanted to know if President Trump has the power to extend the travel ban after December 14, when Biden’s election was confirmed by the top judges. Thank you
November 14, 2020 at 03:28
Yes – he is still president until January 20th.
November 14, 2020 at 13:08
Hello brit! I hope you go well
My concern is about when joe Biden will take the white house. Let’s consider that Trump does not remove all his different bans and he leaves the while.
Is it possible for joe Biden to remove all of them through a proclamation or with the vote of the senates? because there are more republican senates presently than democratic ones hence a possible negative impact on the removal.
November 14, 2020 at 16:05
Biden will become president on Jan 20. There is no doubt about that. None.
As for what bans he will remove, well he has already said he will remove the Muslim ban. I imagine he will consider what else to remove based on what is in effect on Jan 20.
We are talking about executive orders – that has nothing to do with the Senate.
November 15, 2020 at 03:44
Hello Mr Brit! One issue I kindly ask you please.
* I’m DV winner 2021. I have sent DS 260 arround June. And I have sent scanned documents ( birth, police and passport certificates) before 1week to KCC.
1. My question is ‘Can I change my sponser right now? Because unfortunately we can’t aggree with different issues, he has been living in USA. If I can How can I substitute with an other ?
Thank you Britsimon
November 15, 2020 at 16:43
Two different things – the US address you give is not always your sponsor. So you can change the address if that is what you are asking. Change now, or at the interview.
November 15, 2020 at 17:06
Yes, Britsimon.what I mean is that, during DS260, I have sent my sponsor’s Full name,street address,City,state , zip code and phone number.
* So my question is that ‘ Can I change him by other person to be my sponser? Because he is not interested right now. Because of some argumentative issues happened between us.
Realy thnak you Brit. God bless your life
November 16, 2020 at 20:33
I already answered that. Change it now, or at the interview.
November 15, 2020 at 11:47
Hi Mr Brit Simon,
I listened to your lives video some couples of hours now and at my understanding there’s some doubts and need some clarification please!
(1) while if President Trump’s come December 31 does not speak or say anything against the proclamation subject to entry PP 10014 up to the 5th or 6th January, can any Visa holder make an entry to the USA before the 20th?
(2) In your live video you did say that president elect Joe Biden will remove the Muslim ban and that of the travel ban, well understood, but with the remover of those ban, will it not reflect to the proclamation subject to PP 10014 to be lifted?
(3) You also said that president elect Joe Biden has not spoken about the proclamation subject to PP 10014, in my own mind, is it not possible to get him inform since maybe he do not know this order exit, should encase president Trump’s extend the proclamation after December 31so he can make part of his agenda?
Thanks and looking forward for respond.
November 15, 2020 at 17:00
I’ll record a video today to answer this.
November 15, 2020 at 23:06
November 16, 2020 at 15:06
Dear Brit, Thanks for the quick video. Usually when do KCC send out 2NLs? and how would we know when they start to send them?
November 16, 2020 at 21:38
2NLs for January interviews would normally be sent in the second half of this month.
If people get 2NLs, I would know, and I would publish an update.
November 15, 2020 at 15:07
What would be the scenario for DV2020 folks whose visa will expire sometime in March 2021, if President Trump extends the immigrant ban beyond 31/12/2020 and president-elect Biden would not be able to lift this ban before 01/04/2021 in light of other more urgent/serious tasks he needs to take care of? Thank you.
November 15, 2020 at 17:04
Wait for a video today.
November 15, 2020 at 23:05
November 16, 2020 at 16:23
Thanks for this response and also to my personal query.
November 15, 2020 at 18:33
I’m dv2020 winner and my appointment was at Cairo embassy in march before it get cancelled.
What chance that i can get another appointment to get visa from 9000 that court ordered?
November 16, 2020 at 21:13
I can’t be sure. You just have to wait.
November 15, 2020 at 18:39
I think we the dv2021 winners need updates from Kcc than leaving us in mentally tormented. We are tormented cos we do not know our faith most especially we with high case numbers . It seems what happen to dv 2020 winners will surely happen to us if we continue to move like this .
We already lost three months and there is extension of it beyond September so, i dont think it is fair to we the people with high case numbers.
Sometimes things will seem unfair to you. That’s just the way it is. Patience.
November 16, 2020 at 05:41
Hello Brit hope you’re doing well…
Let’s say Trump extend the ban before he leaves office would embassies reissues the VIsas for the one who received them in September? (I mean after the judge order and have PP on their Visas)
November 16, 2020 at 21:19
We don’t know. I have answered this frequently, and on this video.
November 17, 2020 at 11:09
Hello Brit. Hope you are doing well
I had couple of concerns and would really appreciate if you could provide me the answers to your best knowledge.
1. Since last 2 months it’s being difficult reaching out to KCC. They have not been answering phone calls as well not responding to emails. Do you have any idea about this what is actually going on with KCC?
2. I received an email from KCC approx 2 months ago. They asked me to forward my documents which I have already done. Immediately after submitting documents I got an automated reply stating we have received your email and we will notify you within 6 weeks if all your documents are okay or is there any issue. In the email it also said if I don’t hear back from them within 6 weeks, I need to.contact them. Now as I have been trying to contact them via phone but no answer from them. I have sent them email with all the required email guidelines but no response from them at all.
3. My third concern was regarding embassy closure and covid. As I am from Nepal with case number AS202198**. I am currently residing in Australia temporarily and allocated embassy for interview is Sydney US embassy. My concern here is as due to covid if the embassy is closed in Nepal but embassy in Sydney is open, on that circumstances do I have a chance to be scheduled for interview earlier than case numbers ahead of me. Would KCC consider those factors by any chance to schedule interviews like wise.
I would really appreciate your time if you could respond to my concerns please.
November 17, 2020 at 18:52
1. Not 100% but I suspect they cut down staffing as they were not processing any cases for a while. They seem to be getting back up to speed now.
2. You don’t need to contact them. IGNORE the 6 weeks. Patience.
3. Yes the status of the embassy will affect whether you are scheduled or not, but you will find there are problems to travel internationally – so be careful to consider whether travel is really the best option.
November 17, 2020 at 14:42
Good morning, Mr. Simon.
First of all, let me thank you for your hard and selfless work.
I am a DV2021 selectee and my case number is EU6XXX (also, Schengen country). Which is a very low number by what I have been reading here.
I have not yet submitted my DS260 and I was waiting to do it because, here is my situation:
– I found out I was a selectee in June, obviously, but by that time I had gotten accepted into a Master’s program.
– I began the MA online from my home country in August because embassies were closed
– I got my F1 in October to join the classes in person next semester
So here are my doubts:
1) Since I was not in the country when I found out, I am not elegible for an AOS, right?
2) If I have to do consular processing, I would need to be interviewed before mid August so I can go back to the US for the second year of classes (since I have a scholarship, I have to do it all without skipping years). Therefore I could submit my DS by February since, most likely, my case number will be current right? Or should I wait a bit more? (I will be back in my home country from mid may until mid august)
3) Do we have a saying in when the interview could take place? Or is it a set date?
4) Will the scholarship and master’s program be good enough to avoid being denied for the public charge rule? The scholarship has a monthly stipend enough to cover living expenses in the town I will be in.
Thank you so very much.
November 17, 2020 at 19:13
1. Technically, yes.
2. Yes you could submit in Feb, no problem.
3. KCC set the date.
4. That would help – it might be enough.
November 17, 2020 at 19:33
Thank you so very much for your answer. If things do not get better, although with a 3 month time frame (mid may to mid august) so close to the end of the FY and a low case number, a lot would have to go wrong… Would there be any possibility to qualify for AOS?
In your opinion and expertise, when would be a safe date to send the DS260 to NOT be scheduled before mid-may?
Thank you again.
November 18, 2020 at 01:19
May interviews are arranged in March, based on cases processed and ready by the end of February. That is the “normal” flow, but time will tell whether normal is changed in the future.
November 18, 2020 at 09:13
Perfect! Thank you for replying because I was utterly confused about this part and I would have Ade a gigantic mistake. I thought I had to send it earlier because then they would have taken a while to process it and ask for the rest of the documents, and my interview wouldn’t have been scheduled until then. So in my mind the time-line was:
– January/February I fill DS260
– February/March they process it and I send the rest of the documents
– April they schedule my interview and send me the 2NL for a June interview
November 18, 2020 at 14:14
No you were not wrong. You can delay the DS260 OR documents – so your original plan would have been OK because you would have held the documents. My timeline made it technically impossible to get a May interview. As long as you sent documents in March or later, your plan would too.
January 10, 2021 at 21:03
What will be the decision of biden on dv 2020 the expir date is till 31 March.
January 11, 2021 at 18:51
I don’t know.
November 18, 2020 at 23:06
I am a 2021 selectee and I want to know if my case number is high or low AF00018082? Also I sent my DS260 in June and until now I haven’t had any reply or been asked to send my documents, which I want to know if that’s normal or should I contact KCC. Thanks
November 19, 2020 at 00:42
AF numbers go up to around 88K
They are working through the cases – but be patient. They will get to you soon.
November 23, 2020 at 09:27
If Biden is declared President, what will happens is that the people will start moving out of AMERICA since it will become a Communist Country.
So Brit, Your good services helping people in their immigration process, will not be longer required.
November 23, 2020 at 13:28
The higher level of stupidity I read?♂️Go to school Freddy.
November 24, 2020 at 23:39
November 23, 2020 at 14:12
Freddy, that is a pretty ridiculous thing to say. I thought at first you must be a dopey American, because they don’t even understand what communism is, and get very confused with socialism or even social programs.
But then I looked up your previous comment and found you are from Venezuela. Surely you can’t be so dopey as to not understand how your own country got screwed up from the 1970’s and what happened since? You must understand that – right? So if you have any understanding of that then why on earth would you be so daft as relate that to Joe Biden and America? Come on man. Don’t talk like an idiot.
December 1, 2020 at 22:13
I am a 2021 selectee and my passport will be expiring mid August 2021, I just want to know if I would have to renew it or just hold on since I used the information on it for the DS-260? Thank
December 2, 2020 at 14:52
You can renew it before the interview and take new + old passports to the interview.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
© 2024 BritSimonSays.com — Powered by WordPress
Theme by Anders Noren — Up ↑