Judge Davila has certified the class (actually as three subclasses) and granted a Preliminary Injunction stopping the government from pausing the DV cases. It’;s a great win that covers both plaintiffs in the Medani case and also non plaintiffs. So – it covers everyone!
The order is below the video.

September 3, 2026 at 16:03
Interview was booked at the consulate for this morning in Auckland (OC), turned away at the door even though I received no cancelation email. The security guard said two others were turned away this morning as well. Let’s hope the cases actually pull through!!
September 3, 2026 at 17:25
Very frustrating. Hopefully this will change soon.
September 1, 2026 at 13:30
Hi Brit, I am a DV-2026 non-plaintiff covered by the Medani certified class. I was interviewed in Bangkok on December 23, 2025 and placed on 221(g) solely because of the December DV issuance pause. My medical has now expired.
Since Ivanov plaintiffs have a September 8 status-report deadline, do you expect DOS/embassies to prioritize Ivanov plaintiffs operationally before processing non-plaintiff cases covered by the Medani class? Or does the Medani class order mean there should be no such priority among already-interviewed 221(g) cases?
In other words, could an Ivanov plaintiff realistically be processed ahead of a Medani-class non-plaintiff solely because of the Ivanov court order?
September 1, 2026 at 13:41
The Ivanov order did not specify any priority. However, the earlier reporting deadline may help. We will see…
September 1, 2026 at 14:08
Hi Brit, I understand that the Ivanov order itself did not specify any priority. However, an Ivanov plaintiff shared an update from their lawyers saying that they told government counsel that Ivanov plaintiffs are “NOT included in Medani and have specific priority over the generalized Medani order,” and that they are discussing a compliance plan with the government.
So it seems the Ivanov attorneys are actively asking the government to give their plaintiffs priority in receiving relief, even though the court order itself does not expressly grant such priority.
If the government agrees to this operationally, how could this affect DV-2026 non-plaintiffs covered by the Medani class? For example, could an Ivanov plaintiff actually be processed ahead of an already-interviewed Medani class member solely because of this separate Ivanov litigation? Or would the government still be expected to process Medani class members in parallel rather than creating a priority queue for Ivanov plaintiffs?
I am a non-plaintiff DV-2026 selectee who was interviewed and, as far as I understand, was likely among the first two EU cases affected by the issuance pause. My case was placed in 221(g) because of the DV issuance pause, and my medical examination has now expired.
Given that there are only a limited number of Ivanov plaintiffs at each consulate, I am wondering how significant this potential priority could realistically be for someone in my situation. In particular, could the separate Ivanov litigation materially delay the processing of an already-interviewed Medani class member like me, or would the practical impact likely be limited?
September 1, 2026 at 14:42
You are asking for answers that can’t be given at this moment – because things are not decided. You are reacting to rumors and so on.
Just wait for the moment and things will become more clear in time.
September 1, 2026 at 16:16
Sorry about that! I’m kind of excited and nervous, as you can probably guess. It’s been quite a while, and I’m currently waiting and hopefully expecting instructions from the embassy. Thank you so much for your help and patience!
September 1, 2026 at 17:21
Yes I do understand.
August 31, 2026 at 17:19
Please simon can someone tell me why they haven’t canceled my interview yet? I received an email today asking me to register if I plan to attend the interview.
August 31, 2026 at 17:24
I don’t know anything about your specific case.
August 30, 2026 at 10:20
Hi, I am legally in US, waiting for approval for H-1B. I am a selectee EU36.000 so I can apply for AOS as of September, waiting for the medical now. I case of applying from here already, are the chances to do it during the September probable/possible in your opinion? thank you
August 30, 2026 at 16:38
You shouldn’t have waited for September, you should have used the early filing policy.
I have seen cases complete in 1 month, but it is stressful.
August 29, 2026 at 11:28
Hello. Thank you, Simon, for everything you do for us, for all the help and information you provide. I am very inspired by your positive attitude.
I am a non-plaintiff. My number is EU40***. I have a 2NL, and my interview is scheduled for September 3. So far, I haven’t received any notification that the interview has been canceled or postponed. Is there a chance that this interview could be canceled simply because there is a large number of 221(g) cases? If the interview goes well, is there a chance I’ll receive a DV visa right away, or will I have to wait until the 221(g) cases are processed?
August 29, 2026 at 13:59
Yes you should be OK.
August 29, 2026 at 14:04
Which Embassy are you?
August 29, 2026 at 03:01
Hello Simon, thank you for all the updates!! I have been following and praying for all this to end well and it thankfully did!
My medical expired August 18th but my case number with the embassy in Frankfurt is EU9xxx. I already made a new medical appointment on September 16th but do you think that would be too late? I know they only print the visa with a valid medical… I hope they reach out soon so this whole nightmare can be over
August 29, 2026 at 09:47
That will be fine.
August 29, 2026 at 01:15
Hi Simon, I am a named plaintiff in Medani with case number 2026EU13XXX, assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Tirana, Albania. My DS-260 is processed and my case is current, but I still have not received a 2NL. Considering Judge Davila’s order, how would you assess my chances of receiving an interview before September 30?
August 29, 2026 at 09:46
I have no information about any specific embassy, including Tirana. So – you will have to wait and see.
August 28, 2026 at 23:59
Hi Simon, Amazing news on Medani! I’ve watched your video but just wanted to follow up on the 221g queue. I’m 15xxx and was interviewed in April (Warsaw). If the embassay decides to reach out to KCC in batches by month, how long do you think it may take to get to my case? Is it more few days or few weeks? I’m asking as my medical expires Oct 6th, and I expect after the issuance it’s still another week or so to send the passport in, get it stamped and returned..
August 29, 2026 at 00:08
I don’t know exactly how long it will take – but there is time. Relax, be patient and all will become clear in the next few days.
August 28, 2026 at 23:55
we have our interview this week. so the pause is lifted? should we take any preliminary actions before? (like sending an email to the embassy regarding the pause being lifted?
August 28, 2026 at 23:58
Yes it is lifted, you can print out the order to take with you if you want.