The travel ban has been expanded to six countries – Burma (Myanmar), Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania. This is in addition to the revised travel ban already in effect, which restricts entry from Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Venezuela and North Korea.
- Immigrant visas only (does not affect non immigrant visas)
- In force from Feb 22, 2020
- Will affect DV2020 selectees
- Does not affect people who already have their immigrant visas before Feb 21.
- Just like the existing ban, certain exceptions apply and waivers will be available to some (very few) applicants.
Link to the Proclamation Text.