Just trying to keep people informed.
For DV Lottery viewers this video is a few points of update about :
- The CEAC data (cases changed from AP to refused)
- Embassies closing
- Cancellation of appointments (and the impact)
- What to do if your visa is issued and will soon expire
March 18, 2020 at 01:46
Thanks for the update! I understand that the current situation will effect all cases and it hard to predict what’s going to happen. My case is 2020AS21000ish I applied for my interview to be in Montreal Canada, however i do have the option to do a change of status in the US….at this point do you think i should just wait and see what happens and have the process completed in Montreal or do a change of status in the US? Please advise.
March 18, 2020 at 02:15
Are you already in the USA on a temporary visa?
March 18, 2020 at 02:25
March 18, 2020 at 02:29
So you might be better off switching to AOS.
Check out the thread below and the first post has a link to a spreadsheet with lots of DV AOS info.
March 18, 2020 at 02:50
Thanks! Process time wise is it faster to go with the AOS?
March 18, 2020 at 03:10
It could be because there are obviously delays mounting in CP processing.
March 18, 2020 at 09:29
@andray. Have you received documents confirmation email. I am AS too and in the same CN range 216**
March 19, 2020 at 22:53
Yes, I received the email yesterday. However I believe everything will be shutting down due to the coronavirus….. So not sure what are our chances now….. I hope it goes well.
March 18, 2020 at 02:09
Dear Simon, some friends got email from KCC few hours ago about rescheduling the interview appointment to be in June but one of them already got interviewed 2 days ago and visa became issued ! The second one interviewed yesterday and got AP. What do you think about that ? ?
March 18, 2020 at 02:14
KCC obviously sent a general update, which won’t apply to every case.
March 18, 2020 at 03:40
March 18, 2020 at 14:54
Please Brit we those having our visa’s on hand are we also going to wait until April 30th before we can travel to the US or have to do a new medicals for the embassy again and also are we doing interview again or they will only extend the visa date .Thank you.
March 18, 2020 at 23:25
If you can travel now, consider doing so. You might be able to extend the visa but fees and medicals will need to be taken again.
March 18, 2020 at 03:57
I’m currently present in USA on F1. I have a rather high EU number (46***) and when I have sent the DS260 in November, I have decided to do the CP because it seemed to be a safer method back then.
With the current situation, do you think that I may get bigger chance if i switched to AOS? Or should I just stick with CP?
Thank you in advance and as always, props for the great job that you do.
March 18, 2020 at 23:05
In general, I think people that can switch to AOS should consider it seriously. Travel restrictions could complicate CP and with the documents procedure the speed of CP is no long a slam dunk. Your number is fairly high though, and I don’t know how the VB will move over the coming months. Not an easy decision. Wait for the next 2 to 4 weeks to see what happens with the virus and VB.
March 18, 2020 at 05:05
your own opinion do you think the american lottery can be canceled this year and the issues can stop up to 30k for europe ?? Thank you
March 18, 2020 at 23:06
Forget the word “canceled”. That makes no sense. However, what will happen to the numbers and processing – I have no idea.
March 18, 2020 at 06:24
Yesterday interviews were cancelled in Albania.
Any of you guys from Europe had the same situation?
March 18, 2020 at 16:55
Same as in Turkey. Until April 3rd.
March 18, 2020 at 23:07
Yes of course.
March 20, 2020 at 14:42
Are you referring to interviews related to DV Lottery? There is no official statement from US Embassy that they have calncelled the interviews, that’s why I am asking. To which dates have they postponed? Thanks
March 18, 2020 at 06:45
What if you have a visa from a country with no travel ban. Can you still enter ???
March 18, 2020 at 23:07
As of now, yes.
March 18, 2020 at 08:42
Dear Brit Simon,
thanks for your status video – very helpful in these uncertain times. I am from Oceania but living in Europe, and am trying to navigate travel bans and Embassy closures….
My understanding is that once documents are submitted to KCC and sent on to the Embassy/Consulate, it is still possible to change the Embassy that is dealing with your case. Could you verify if this is true?
Best wishes and stay healthy everyone…
March 18, 2020 at 23:10
It is sort of true. Technically possible, but not very likely since it requires cooperation from both embassies – and that can lead to risks that the transfer gets messed up.
March 18, 2020 at 08:56
I’m living in EU and in my country embassy is working, because situation is under the control. Does it mean that they will continue to held interviews ordinarily and there won’t be any problem for me also? I’m 35K
March 18, 2020 at 12:48
March 18, 2020 at 23:14
No, you can’t assume there will be no problems. There will be impacts, one way or another. But “who knows” what that will be.
March 18, 2020 at 09:27
Hi Simon. I have watched your video. Thank you very much. My case number EU34K . Do you think that is there any risk next cut offs will be stopped suddenly for EU. İt is 30K right now.
March 18, 2020 at 23:16
I really don’t know.
March 22, 2020 at 21:11
Hi @cato , did you get `Documents Confirmation` letter from KCC.
March 18, 2020 at 12:47
I have checked checked today the status of CEAC it say at NVC. in April my case is current . Now considering the hall scenarios of COVID-19 in the world. location of interview is china.
Q1.when should I expect the 2NL letter? this is due to my police certificate is expired that i need to do but afraid to do it again because again might expire.
Q2. My expectation is in may but still no idea. your view on this …please.
Q3.well I am not chinese national but wondering after interview can I travel to Africa then to US ? I am thinking of travel ban.
stay safe Brits!
March 18, 2020 at 23:20
1. If you previously were told your documents are ready, you might get a May interview. Wait and see.
2. See 1.
3. Possibly. Rules are changing daily.
March 20, 2020 at 11:51
I do understand that we all should concerned about what’s happening in the world.having accept your advice always I have the following Question.
Q1. I have received that document is ok on date february 24,2020. Now didn’t receive the 2NL letter until when should i expect that ? follow up can i make police certificate for may or june ? hoping to get interview
Q2. Did i miss something here really ? If I Am what can i do please … considering that all happening in entire world.
Stay safe brits
“Case Number: 2020AF00039***
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
Interviews for the DV 2020 program will begin in October 2019 and conclude on September 30, 2020. Please refer to the visa bulletin at http://www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email listed on your DS-260 to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.
If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov, please contact [email protected] to confirm all of your documents have been received, and you are ready to be scheduled for an interview.”
March 20, 2020 at 15:07
2. Just be patient.
March 20, 2020 at 18:42
I can imagine you have many question to answer and we also ask you again and again also over over. Please do understand us please for our nagging you.
shortly thank you for doing things for us.
God bless you and your family!
March 18, 2020 at 14:17
Thanks for your video
I don’t understand one thing: in your opinion, who is current now and is waiting only for the last passage of KCC (2NL) is it safe?
I am in Europe and I am current, I called them and I will have my 2NL in April for the interview in June.
If you were me, what would you do?
Could I call them and ask if something can be done? For example, to send my 2NL now even if my interview will be in June, so even if they close, will I depend on my embassy?
Or is it not possible to ask that?
March 18, 2020 at 23:23
No you can’t do that. Wait.
AS for who is safe – look outside the window. How can anyone predict what will happen next.
March 18, 2020 at 14:49
I thing that was all with EU region, there will be a huge backlog after the coronavirus is gone. I’m wondering if will barely hit 35k .
March 18, 2020 at 23:24
Well it depends how long the closures continue and on about 1000 other variables – so no need to throw numbers around.
March 19, 2020 at 14:13
Hello will embassies closed
Will they Schedule for interviews all together ?
For example people from March and April in May month ?
I hope I explained good
So you understand what I mean
I am so worrying
My case EU35k
Not yet in bulletin and I am expecting it to me in April bulletin
But how’s the system in USA ?
When it’s emergency conditions like this will they let people who suppose to get visas get it even with a delay ,
May he schedule them after ocorber in calendar tear 2021 ?????
What do you think ?
You tell you know manager if KCC
Do you think you will be able to ask this ?
I guess not me but many people ask the same questions in their mind
If you can help with that oh my I wouod be so appreciated and others too
So sorry again
This Situation is crazy
March 19, 2020 at 15:18
I don’t know how they will reschedule appointments. There is obviously risk for all remaining cases now.
The program cannot be extended under any circumstances beyond September 30. I don’t need to check that – it is written into law.
March 19, 2020 at 15:26
So the only way is to fit everyone in the remaining months …..
I am so scared
It is my dream and my case is so good ….
Why why this unluck :((
March 19, 2020 at 20:45
Hi Brit!How are you?
I want to thank you for all your anwers and help given to me.I finally received the confirmation email about my documents on March 16.
I have a question please.I saw toady that 2NL’s were sent (for EU region).
I would like to know from you : Is there only 1 day at month where the 2NL’s get sent or they can be sent 2 times/month?
Thanks in advance as always!
March 19, 2020 at 21:11
As I say in my VB released posts every month, 2NLs are sent twice a month.
March 19, 2020 at 22:05
I’m sorry maybe I missed it as I was worried about my confirmation email being late.Thank you Brit!
March 20, 2020 at 04:58
Hi Britt can I put the 330$ administrative fee and the 1225$ AOS fee in one pay emend check for 3 persons. Thank you and have a good night.
March 20, 2020 at 05:35
AOS answers here:
March 20, 2020 at 05:01
Hi Britsimon,My Interview was on March 11, my visa was approved but the visa status on CEAC still shows Ready untill now…and i am just worried others who had interview on same date had received visa within few days….Thank you.
March 20, 2020 at 05:36
March 20, 2020 at 14:25
Hi Brit, if this gives you more insight on the progress, I just received the “document approval” email aswell eu316xx
March 20, 2020 at 19:19
When did you send your documents? I’m EU35, sent documents in November, but still haven’t received anything.
March 20, 2020 at 20:14
Last November as well. Try to resend your documents to kcc as instructed by Brit if you are not sure they received them, I did that too.
March 20, 2020 at 20:43
They have sent me autoreply after I sent my docs. So, they have received it definitely. I’ll wait 1-2 weeks and then I’ll resend documents
March 23, 2020 at 16:15
Hi Britt. I had my interview on the 19th of March in the morning. At the end, the officer said congratulations and that everything looked good. However, our case has remained on AP on the CEAC website since that date. It has been more than 2 business days. Should we worry?
March 23, 2020 at 19:40
No. You should be patient.
March 24, 2020 at 11:49
It has been updated to ”Ready” today… And Ready means Ready for an interview. Unclear what is happening here…
March 24, 2020 at 18:04
Its very clear. You are not being patient.
April 2, 2021 at 00:21
Hello Britt, thank you for your information. I just checked your DVChart for 2021, I saw the status show Refused for AS consulate PHP. So does it mean they refused the applicant or the applicant is missing supporting documents?
April 3, 2021 at 20:37
Refused at interview (or simply on AP). But without documents they would not have been scheduled at all.