The Trump administration has extended the April 22nd ban until the end of 2020. This represents a huge blow to DV2020 applicants and could also affect DV2021.
- It does not affect people already in LPR status (Green Card holders)
- It does not affect anyone already holding a DV visa from before April 22 (and extensions should still be possible as I have previously explained).
- It does not affect DV cases doing adjustment of status in the USA
- It does affect DV2020 cases (unless the order is successfully challenged).
- It affects DV2020 cases who were on 221(g) AP and waiting for the resolution of their cases.
- It will affect DV2021 cases, delaying the start of the process (unless the order is successfully challenged)
The order itself can be seen here